Thursday 23 June 2011

Research And Planning: Test

 

This was my first attempt of creating a short clip using imovie. Our task was to show a journey or a chase scene in a lesson, to get used to operating the handheld camera's and to give us an idea of how much we had to consider the direction and recap all we'd learnt last year when filming. I found this task extremely difficult, and I think that the video created shows this and I was personally disapointted with the quality of it.

We did try a few different locations around college but different setbacks kept occuring and we ended up with 3 different full clips, all about 25-30 seconds long. As a result of this, the mise-en-scene wasn't as good as it could have been. In addition, all of our clip was shot in high key lighting, contrasting with the mood we were trying to create since it doesn't set the right atmosphere but this was difficult to do since weeks of planning hadn't been done. This is something I will make sure I take notice of when I start my teaser trailer.

Me and the group tried to vary the editting transitions, changing them around where was most suitable. We would have been able to look at editing more closely if there would have been more footage to work with. But we did use; fade to black, straight cuts, a dissolve, a shot reverse shot and a wipe within.

Cinematography was thought of slightly. But again when the teaser trailers are made, this will be thought of in a lot of depth. The opening, where I'm on the phone and Nathan can be seen through the window would've been good if it would have been a mid long shot of me so you can see me on my phone, then Nathan could appear out of focus in the window. A close up his face could then have appeared with a shot reverse shot of my expression, back to his. This is where freaky music could have been included. I like how when I fall, it has been shot at a high angel to show the desperation but it might have been good showing nathan at a low angle also to suggest the higher authority. 

We did play around with sound in garage band for this video, but it didn't go very well. This is something I will research into when I start my teaser trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment