Wednesday 21 September 2011

Research and Planning: Questionnaire

Today I made a questionnaire in class with useful questions that will help me when coming to make my teaser trailer. I only did 6 questions but as I carry on throughout the year I think I will do a couple more like this to help me develop my knowledge even further. The answers I got did help quite a bit as it let me see an insight on other peoples opinions which made a change instead of me just thinking about my own.

The questions I asked were:
  • What is your favourite horror film? Why does this one stand out over others?
  • Whats the scariest horror film you've watched? What features did it include to make it scary? (eg. low key lighting, fast editing etc) 
  • What age and gender would you expect the villain to be in a horror film? What do you think works best and is more effective?
  • What would you expect to see in a 12-certificate horror film, and what would you expect to see in a 18-certificate horror film? 
  • Do you think that voice over's are more effective in a trailer? Or subtitles? Which would make you go and see the film more?
  • What location is most effective in your opinion for a horror film and trailer?
 The results I got from these questions were quite varied. Therefore I think I'm going to print off more of my questionnaire's and give them out to more people since I only asked 10 people. The only graphs that I could make were the ones of the number of male/female interviewee's I had and another one of the age of them also.
From doing this questionnaire I now know that I need, in my teaser trailer, to:
  • Make sure that I make the voice over sound freaky if I decide to use one.
  • I need to use fast editing.
  • I need to use low key lighting. 
  • Make sure that the plot comes across really well. 
  • Make sure that my trailer would be suitable for DVD, TV, Cinemas etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment