Friday 30 September 2011

Research and Planning: Teaser Trailer Conventions

 This year we have to create a teaser trailer, a film poster and a film magazine. After doing research and planning for the last month, I now have a good idea of what a teaser trailer is and what is included. A basic definition of a teaser trailer would be a 1 minute insight into a new film, including plenty of action and peaks that persuades people to go and watch the movie. In my teaser trailer I will need to definitely include:
  • The name of my trailer
  • The release date of my trailer
  • The production company
  • Plenty of peaks
  • A small insight to the storyline
  • A voiceover or subtitles. 
  • Maybe the certificate.  





This teaser trailer of Paranormal Activity is a good example of a trailer that would be easier to recreate. This is because the special effects aren't very advanced and we don't have access to camera's that are perfect quality. In addition, the trailer is still effective even though it doesn't include many clips. This is good since it means that I don't need to make my trailer really detailed to make it have a good effect.





This is the teaser trailer for Saw 3. This trailer is an example of something that I won't be able to create. This is because of the location that this film trailer has used and in addition what they had access to. For example the cave and the smashed car; I don't have access to these nor the ability to create such huge effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment