Tuesday 13 September 2011

Research and Planning: Regulation & Censorship

I'm thinking of doing a horror trailer. As a result this, I will make the actual film certificate a 18, which may be included on the poster, but the trailer I create I will cut down to a 15. I will do this because I want my trailer to be shown to as many people as possible to increase the synergy around the film. In addition, trailers will be shown on TV and I need to make sure it's appropriate for the people that may be watching. This may change depending on the footage that I end up shooting throughout the next few months.
 
I think an 18 will be an appropriate for my film because of the psychological aspects that will appear in it.On the other hand, as I develop my idea throughout the next few weeks, this may be a bit too high. 

UPDATE: It is now the 23/9/11 and I have decided that I'm going to aim my teaser trailer to 15-18 year old's. Therefore I'm going to make my film a 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment