Sunday 23 October 2011

Research And Planning: Costume & Prop List

 For the surgeon I will need:
  • The head cap
  • A face mask
  • Gloves                 
  • And a surgeons outfit.

    I WILL PROBABLY TRY GETTING THESE FROM MY THEATRE SOCIETY
I will also need a long cover that will be placed over the patient. This will cover there costume. 
I will need surgery equipment which I am borrowing off Biology.
I will also need a spotlight, so maybe a lamp that I have at home, or I can use the one from the media room.


For the villain, since I'm going to use a young girl, it's usually stereotypical to have them dressed in white. I'm unsure whether I want to keep this convention. If I do I will need a mid length white dress or something that will cover most of her body. I will need to make her eyes stand out with black make up but then have her face really pale. This character shouldn't need any props. 












An image from Hampton Theatre Company's production of

For the mental asylum clips at the end, I think that I will have to dress my main character in white.








In a production I was in we had to wear a white overall. If I could get hold of these again, then these might be useful. Again I'd have to ask my theatre. In addition I will have to find white pants. I might have a look around charity shops for these. I want her to have bear feet at the end.

For the main character I will dress her in casual clothing. This will change after the bathroom scene and she will look more 'scruffy.' For example her clothes wont be as casual, and her hair will be a mess and will have black eyes from lack of sleep. The clothes will consist of :

  • Jeans or black trousers/ tracksuit bottoms. Maybe tracksuit bottoms after the bathroom scene. 
  • Pumps/trainers
  • Maybe a hoodie after the bathroom scene. 
  • On bathroom scene I just want a simple top, maybe mid length sleeves. 
I will additionally be shooting some footage in Angela's car and will need access to a room with a computer in it or a laptop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment